Gen6™ C‑SAM® Acoustic Microscope
The New Generation of C-SAM Technology
The most sophisticated and fully featured C-SAM acoustic microscope for laboratory analysis and specialized high resolution applications.
The Gen6™ C-Mode Scanning Acoustic Microscope is the newest generation of Acoustic Micro Imaging (AMI) instruments and has the most comprehensive range of analytical capabilities, accuracy and resolution. As the follow on product to the firmly established and well known Gen5, the Gen6 has many new analysis capabilities features as well as the new, intuitive, easy-to-use Sonolytics operating platform.
Whether your needs are for nondestructive failure analysis, process development, R&D, High-Rel qualification for a military application, or low/medium-volume screening, the Gen6 is the one C-SAM system that can meet all of your demands and have the reserve capability for the needs of inspecting future components. Gen6 is perfect for a variety of applications, such as; Microelectronics, MEMS, SSL LEDs, Power Modules, Solar technology and panels, advanced materials, etc.
As the ultimate laboratory analysis tool, the Gen6 includes SonoSimulator™ as a standard feature to simplify the analysis of devices with multiple thin layers.
Advanced Sonoscan capabilities such as PolyGate™, Virtual Rescanning Mode (VRM™) and available Frequency Domain Imaging (FDI™) add value and confidence to the data. With its large, easy-access, illuminated scanning area, the Gen6 has the capability to efficiently scan everything from a single part, to a 300mm wafer, with its patented inertially balanced, vibration free scanner.
In addition to being packed with leading Sonoscan innovations, the Gen6 was carefully designed with the user in mind. Its ergonomic features make it comfortable and convenient to use. Its advanced applications Sonolytics™ software and new intuitive operator interface menus help maximize results, while saving operator time. Plus, its open access and illuminated tower referenced sample stage allow for easier loading and unloading of samples. The Gen6 is truly the new generation C-SAM, delivering the broadest package of technology, ergonomics, and advanced Sonoscan-developed features.
- PolyGate™ technology with Multi-Gate™ and Probing-Gate™ functions capable of single and multi-focus imaging.
- Up to 100 gates per channel with 2 Gsps sampling rate.
- Windows® 7 Ultimate for multi-language and 64-bit capabilities.
- Inertially Balanced Linear Motor Scanner (patent no. 7,584,664) minimizes vibrations and ensures optimal scanning results.
- Tower-mounted scan reference platform and sample fixture.
- Open-access scanning area makes loading and unloading easy and is capable of scanning JEDEC trays or a 300mm wafer.
- Water recirculation and optional inline temperature control.
- SonoSimulator for simplified analysis of stacked die parts.
- Digital Image Analysis (DIA)™ uses advanced algorithms to quantify the acoustic data and allows you to set accurate, automatic, accept/reject criteria.
- Virtual Rescanning Mode (VRM)™ stores comprehensive data and enables you to perform a complete analysis of a sample, even when it is no longer available.